Sunday, May 13, 2012

I'm not sure what to call this one. (another poem)

This first one is very powerful, so um.. I don't know, be prepared or whatever. (this is me, being wordy :\ )

Daddy's standing in the kitchen
A cruel look upon his face
Yelling, oh so loudly
Features distorted with rage
I watch him hit my momma
See her crumple to the floor
Then he kicks her in the ribs
And she slams into the door

He tells her to get up right now
Says she doesn't even know
The pain he has in store for her
And he deals another blow

As I sit on the stairs and cry
I know there's nothing I can do
For this happens every day
It surely isn't new

But now there's something wrong
Something different than before
My momma just will not get up
She's lying still upon the floor
I curl myself into a ball
And tears roll down my face
I know that if I make a sound
I will take my momma's place

No comments:

Post a Comment